Sunday, November 11, 2012

Crochet- Santa Wine Bottle Cover

Previously I posted that I intended to crochet these adorable (in my head) wine bottle covers, well folks, I have done just that!  I think they are adorable!  Don't you? 

Even though these took me about 3 weeks to complete, they really are simple and quick to make.  I just take breaks for days in between crafting.

So here's what I used to make these:

Red Yarn
Crochet Hook (size of your choice)
Feather Boa
Black Ribbon
Spray Glue
Needle & Thread
Card Stock
Silver Sharpie
Scissors


I don't have a pattern, I just used the wine bottle to gauge the size.  I also worked from the top down as that seems to be easier for me than making the magic circle and getting the bottom to be the right size for the bottle. Just did a little decreasing for the bottom to close it up. If you have the smallest crochet skills you can do this too! But if you need a pattern for some reference then you might want to check this out from crochet spot.

Once I finished crocheting the cover itself, it was time for the pretties! I hand sewed the feather boa to the top and the bottom making sure the stitching was not visible from the inside of the cover.  The next step was the black ribbon for the belt.  I just used spray glue to attach the ribbon.   For the belt buckle, I cut it out of card stock and used a silver sharpie to color it.   I also attached it with spray glue. So that's it and I think I love these. 
Here's How I gift wrapped them

8 comments: