Saturday, December 29, 2012

Glass block holiday decor

Glass Block Holiday DecorGo to Hobby Lobby or Michael or even Home Depot and grab yourself a glass block and get your imagination out. These glass blocks already have hole cut in them with a plastic plug. Some are rectangular holes and some are round so pick the one that works best for your project.

 Lets start with the Jingle block.  I have a cousin with a vinyl cutter and she cut the "jingle all the way" out for me.  You could buy a phrase like this or cut your own if you have a cricut.   I already has some silver bells, but need some more.  I used assorted sizes found in a tube at Hobby Lobby for $1.99. Now here's the hard part for me.... putting the ribbon on and tying a bow.  I can't tie bows to save my life.  But my wonderful cousin was there and she tied them for me!


Glass Block Holiday DecorFor the let it snow block I used my go to peel and stick reusable stencils and painted on the "let is snow" with glass paint.  The snow is made from kosher salt.  Hobby Lobby sells little bags of Christmas goodies to fill ornaments or use as confetti and that's where the snowflakes came from.  Had to use tweezers to get them in there and wiggled them a little into the salt. 


These are so simple and quick to make.  You can even back them with cute Christmas paper modge podge or spray glue. Fill with lights.  Use 3 fill with salt, and paint it up like a snow man.  Let your imagination run wild. 

Up next in the glass block department is to insert a photo in a frame and fill with rocks, sand? Not sure, but I will post on it when I make it. 



1 comment: