Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rubbing Alcohol as a Stain Remover

So I keep seeing these pins on Pinterest that rubbing alcohol will remove carpet stains and stains on micro fiber.  Well after about 2 weeks of seeing these and looking over at the 3 stains on my carpet I finally marched upstairs to grab my bottle of rubbing alcohol.  These stains appeared on my new carpet shortly after we got it a few years ago.  I have tried Resolve on them to no avail.  Every time I vacuum over them I get annoyed and think DAMN YOU STAINS!  So it won't hurt to try rubbing alcohol.  So here's the before and the after!  Yes, folks it worked.
rubbing alcohol stain remover


I just poured a bit of rubbing alcohol on my rag and started to rub the carpet stain with it. So yeah the whole living room smelled liked alcohol for a few minutes, but it dries quickly and the smell dissipated.  Run now... get your rubbing alcohol and attack those stains! 


rubbing alcohol stain remover
Stain be gone!  My rag after rubbing the stain





4 comments:

  1. If done often, too much alcohol may harm your microfiber carpet. Use only a small amount of clear alcohol, such as vodka, dampen a soft cloth with it, and gently blot the stain. When in doubt with the fabric type of your microfiber carpet you have at home, call a professional carpet cleaner for assistance.

    Giovanni Benedict

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I've done this trick already! And I do agree, it works wonderfully! I kept rubbing the spot until the stain went away! Sometimes, it might not work, depending on the fabric. So, better call some professional cleaner to flawlessly remove the stains.

    ReplyDelete