Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dreams of Crocheting Grandeur

So I'll be the first to admit I am not great at crocheting seeing as I taught myself with a starter kit and have very little practice or skill.  SO many unfinished projects just sitting in a basket all sad that they were never completed.  I am determined to crochet a blanket someday!   But I decided to have a go at some DIY wine bottle covers that I think will go perfectly with my etched wine glasses. Yet another pinterest project to finish.  Pinterest being the Devil it is has inspired me to combine several ideas into my own version of a Santa inspired wine bottle cover.   I have seen so many made by crocheting, but I think lack a certain pizazz.  Some made with felt and stitch witchery, sleeves of sweaters,  even socks.  EWE.  So I set out with a ball of red yarn, a crochet hook, an empty bottle of wine and an idea!  We shall see how they turn out!

**update:  find out what they look like here

No comments:

Post a Comment