Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pinterest isn't just for crafts!

I'm not saying that my New Years resolution is to lose weight, because that never works for anyone. I've been on an on and off diet since 2007 and I need to get back on the wagon before my vacation to the beach in a few months. If I don't do something now, my only option will be to buy new clothes that I can fit into! Since May I have been packing on my winter insulation to the tune of 15lbs. I need to start shedding my layers ASAP.

I'm starting with going back to my favorite free app LOSE IT.  You can use this to count your calories, keep a food journal and log your exercise. Now that this app has the convenience of a bar code scanner to add your food it's even easier to use. You can even set a password to keep nosy nellies out. Add your friends, Lose it always keeps your weight a secret and only tells your friends if you have lost or gained weight.  It's a good way to keep on track an not lie to your buddies because they can see it.   Lose it will also tell your friends if you haven't been logging your food or exercise.

I set up a new program on lose it the day after Christmas and the very next day got sick!  I'm still sick and trying stay within my calories and not doing a smash up job!  I think this is my bodies way of revolting.  Telling me that I don't need to exercise! 

Anyhooo I'm going to be pinning some fitness to my board Girl look at that body.  I work out?? ;).  Fist let us look at the name of this board!  You can tell when I created it that I was in no mood to work out.  And today I was browsing the pins in this board and discovered that most of my pins were weight loss funnies.  How on earth did I think any of these would help me lose weight?  There are so many free website and apps out there that show you how to do proper technique on an exercise or stretch so why am I not pinning those?  I'm going to start pinning those and then I am going to get off the couch and do them!  So come follow me and join me in shedding those unwanted pounds! I'm off to dust off the treadmill, stationary bike, and exercise ball.  Oh and where's that stair stepper and DVD?

No comments:

Post a Comment