Saturday, December 15, 2012

Stamped Coasters.

DIY STAMPED COASTERSI used the instructions from The Huckaby's Happily Ever After. Please be sure you use the StazOn ink otherwise it will not dry and smear and you end up trying to figure out how to salvage your coasters like I did. Since I was trying to be cheap and just used the ink I had on hand I ended up covering my coasters in polyurethane to seal them. :-/ Then I switched to the correct ink and made a ton!

So now off you go to buy these items:
Tumbled marble tiles from lowes or Home Depot. Less than $4 for a box of 9
Minwax finishing paste $10
StazOn ink. $7 Use coupons to save money
Felt or rubber pads for the bottom of the tiles
Stamps of your choice

I made a bunch of these for Christmas so it ended up justifying the cost of the finishing paste as I couldn't find a small container anywhere. They are so easy to do with the stamps I had on hand. Just stamp a letter in the corner and a cute design on the rest of the tile. Then coat with a thin layer of the finishing paste. I completely covered the underside of the tile with sticky backed felt. Tied up with garden twin and homemade salt dough ornaments. These were a big hit for Christmas!



DIY STAMPED COASTERS
DIY STAMPED COASTERS






No comments:

Post a Comment