Saturday, December 1, 2012

Salt Dough

Salt Dough gift tags or ornaments
Decorate Christmas Gifts
Salt Dough gift tags or ornaments
Things you need
Salt dough recipe: 1/2 cup salt, 1/2 cup warm water, 1 cup flour stir until dough forms. Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick and cut the shapes with cookie cutters or a cup. I used a straw to poke the holes so that I could tie them up with string.  Now you can bake for approx 2 hours at 250 degrees until hard or you can let air dry.  I am a very impatient person and have a hard time waiting for things.  But i did it both ways.  I found that the baked ones dried flatter and were a little bit darker but way easier to stamp or paint.  The air dried ones were almost pure white but the edges kind of curled up and they were very uneven for stamping.  The acrylic paints took several coats to cover these. Once these were baked I went to town using my clear stamps and StazOn ink  to decorate the round ones up for Christmas gift tags. I just used a red sharpie on the back to write to and from.  I enlisted my husband to help me paint all the little shapes to add to bags and presents.  This would be a fun easy craft for the kiddos.  You could even make the hand print or foot print ornaments with the kids.  The possibilities are endless.  

Salt Dough gift tags or ornaments
Stamped with Christmas Stamps for Gift Tags
Salt Dough gift tags or ornaments
Paint them with acrylic paints






No comments:

Post a Comment